Let’s face it: junior high and high school are the nastiest times for girls…
It’s the rare girl who escapes heartbreak at the hands of a close friend, a boy or a bully (or more than one of these).
No matter how strong your girl is, this is the time she needs you most. You are her safe space to run to, her soft spot to land, her assurance that she is going to make it.
But does she know it? Does she trust it–or herself?
U & Me Camp is your insurance policy. It is her innoculation against “the nasties.”
We put you together in situations and experience that cement your trust and confidence in one another. No matter how close you are (or are not) you’ll feel closer and more connected. You will discover how capable your girl is (and so will she!). And you will leave with new ideas and approaches and confidence you can turn to again and again as “the nasties” show up.
Is Camp for Us?
U & Me Camp is a choice that a Mom makes to give her daughter what is not taught in school…because most teen/tween girls will be dubious and declare, “I don’t want to go!” Relax. This is normal. And after camp she will join the other girls who make their moms promise to return the following year. (We promise–happens all the time.)
- your daughter is attending a new school
- your daughter has entered the tumultuous waters of the teen years
- your daughter has experienced girl nastiness that has shaken her confidence
- your daughter is not happy about her body
- your daughter isn’t good at setting healthy boundaries for how to be treated in her relationships (by girls or boys or both)
- you are concerned about your daughter’s self esteem and if she can stand up for herself under pressure
- you are a busy mom or a working mom who doesn’t get much bonding time with your daughter
- you want to help your daughter and have used up your best advice and ideas to no avail
- you are ready for more in your relationship besides reminding or nagging about chores, a clean room/bathroom, broken agreements, homework, etc.
- you want a change from your regular routine so you can laugh with your daughter and enjoy her and have her enjoy a lighter side of you
- you are ready to start seeing your daughter as a capable young woman
- you both need time away, together
The truth is we all want our daughters to lead amazing lives–starting now. Especially now, as they are establishing their identities and sense of themselves in the world.
What if your daughter really could do it differently and more gently and with more peace of mind around the major topics that start now and continue through a women’s life?
Body— No trade-ins necessary. A unique perspective on how to view, work with and appreciate the body you have…without belittling yourself, nitpicking every last detail or attempting to starve yourself to change it. It’s yours for life–let’s love it!
Boundaries— Critical to all relationships, learn how to set and stand up for the boundaries that are right for you around friends, family, boys, social situations–all of life. There is a way your girl can feel at ease standing in her power!
Bonds— Using a ropes challenge course we will explore new territory between girls & their moms (grandmoms) and establish a new level of trust that will create a bridge for the future (and melt away any existing barriers). A confidence creator for all!
Fun— Campfires, downtime together (no distractions), yummy food (no cooking!), art, s’mores (no calories) and upscale cabins in the pine-scented air. Paradise!
Let’s face it–most women don’t like their bodies…and many never have. Even if you are one of the lucky ones who has made peace with your body, it usually takes years of work (and therapy). What if we gave our girls tools to appreciate, honor and even celebrate their bodies? What if they could see what is unique and special about their bodies and actually know how to accentuate it?
This is a critical time to start the positive appreciating…because no matter how much dieting (and even plastic surgery options) our shape is our shape and it’s with us for life. No trade-ins necessary!
* We wish to acknowledge that not all girls are heterosexual, though for a portion of the time at camp we will be exploring heterosexual relationships
Timing & Location:
Camp starts: Friday, September 27st (arrival 6-7 pm) followed by a campfire at 8 p.m.
Camp ends: Sunday, September 29th, 2012 (3 pm)
Location: On the lake at Horsethief Reservoir (YMCA property)
Save Our Space–we’re going to camp!
Camp pricing is all-inclusive and covers everything for the two of you. It covers two days of meals, all of the life topic sessions, the ropes challenge course for both of you, two nights of lodging and endless fun–everything you need to have a full & fabulous camp experience. (Please note that day camper rates do not include lodging.)
Have two daughters? Want to bring another special woman (grandma, aunt, friend)? Yes it’s possible and it makes camp even more fun for you. Simply indicate the name during the registration (below) and we’ll follow up with you to get the details and payment for the third person.
Lots of camp payment choices to fit your personal finances:
- Put down a deposit to save your space (& we’ll contact you to arrange for future payment options)
- Use our Three Easy Payments program to pay for camp a little bit at a time. (Please see Three Easy Payment subscription section below)
- Know this is for you and your girl and don’t think you can afford it? We know you can’t afford not to come, so talk to us. We’ll figure it out together.
*Additional daughter/woman’s registration fee is $197 and will be handled separately from initial registration.